Monday 27 June 2011

Reflective Musings On The Selling Process



I haven't posted here in a little while, how remiss of me!

In truth I have been a busy little bee, starting the new Etsy shop properly, while still recovering from the mammouth London Jewellery Week

I've made exactly one ring since coming back, which is odd for me, as I do tend to work/create all the time. I think I lost my mojo for a little while there, but I'm not panicking about it...yet LOL

This morning has been spent taking a ridiculously large number of photographs for a few items, that will appear in the Etsy shop this week.

Its a weird business selling online, compared to selling in person. The online selling world is strangely sterile and quiet. I loved chatting to customers, and especially learning what occasion the jewellery was being bought for, or for whom. Even people that were not buying gave me so much in feedback and opinions, and shared parts of their lives in conversation

I am really looking forward to doing the big Contemporary Jewellery show later this year. I'll get to meets lots of people again, and hopefully will be able to impress enough, to do more shows throughout the year

Thats the plan anyway. Just knowing I'm doing the show, is already freeing me up creatively speaking to be able to make some really standout pieces of sculpture. People I'd met in London Jewellery Week, also gave me the confidence to believe in my artistic vision, so I'm going to try and take all that and put it into my work (hopefully)... but for today, it'll just be more photo editing for the Etsy shop LOL

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...