Sunday 26 August 2012

Concertina Altered Book

Photobucket

I am going to be starting my Arts and Design Foundation Course this week....yay!
The enrolement pack turned up only a few weeks ago, it included details of a homework Summer project, that had to be completed by the start date.....no pressure....

We had to make a concertina altered journal , with enough pages in it, that it would be taller than myself when unravelled. It is meant to contain drawings and paintings to serve as a sort of daily visual record of your Summer. I only just managed to complete it this week, the complete set of art-ified pages can be found here at my Flickr account

I particularly love the cover I did for the book. The base is constructed from mountboard, upon which I have fused polymer clay sculpted elements of a seashore landscape. The rest is textured tissue paper and gauze, painted in acrylic paints to complete the look. I have added some images of it below

Anyway, I am thinking of creating some altered books/journal covers for my second Etsy shop, which is on my to do list. The idea is that I take some time to settle into the course, then resume jewellery work, as well as set up the other shop. No rest for the wicked eh?...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Samantha Braund

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...