Sunday 11 January 2015

Mixed Media White Flowers

 
Another daily sketch entry - really not one of my favourites. I layered so many bits of paper ephemera from a pile of scraps I had in my stash, and added some Tim Holts tissue tape strips. I applied clear gesso, and found that when I used my dylusions inks, they kept smudging even after drying with a heat gun. I eventually worked out that the inks seemed to need a porous paper surface to bleed into to fix properly....so lesson learnt. I glazed the whole thing and used white gesso to colour the flower illustration. It turned out OK, but I still find that layering in collage does not come that naturally to me. Hopefully with practice I will improve :)

2 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

I think you are way too self critical.... To my eyes this looks brilliant and I adore the background! The flowers look stunning against it!

I know what you mean about sprays over gesso, have had the same problem many times in the past. One solution is to make sprays yourself out of watered down acrylic paint

Samantha Braund said...

Hi Astrid, you are too kind!! and thanks you so much for the tip - I will try that :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...