Tuesday 17 February 2015

Nieces Flowerpots

 



 
I made so many paper roses for Valentines (see last post) that I decided to make a couple of Spring time flower pots for my nieces, and a bouquet for my sister. I used the 80 gsm coloured copy paper to make the roses. The thinner the paper the more lovely swirls and spirals you get to create your rose...I'll probably post a quick mini tutorial on how I made the roses soon
 



I drew out a flower pot shape on a piece of paper and used it as a template to cut the pots out of thicker cardstock. I then sponged a mix of brown, black and yellow acrylic paint to create a mottled shabby flower pot
 
I had recently purchased a pretty lace border punch, which I used to create an embellishment for the pots

 
 
I used my Tim Holtz Sizzix Decorative strip dies, that contained leaves and greenery, and left the dies in place, while I sponged a random mix of greens, blue, yellow and white all over the strips. This was one of my favourite steps lol, very messy. Once dry, I pulled apart the die leaving a pleasing mass of variegated green foliage to use
 

 
 
I made a sturdy base card , painted and stamped the surface, then set about laying down the foliage into a pleasing composition. Then the pots went on next, and then the roses - I used tacky glue and permanent tape to secure everything. The base is such that it can fold down flat, making it easier for me to post, then, it will open up into a triangular easel. Matting with patterned paper strengthened the supporting structure
 
Then the cards were taken into the back garden and photographed lol... very fitting scenery for them I thought, anyway, I hope you like them (and fingers crossed, so will my nieces)

Thanks for looking ...



Samantha Braund


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...